Search Sahaj A-Z


Audios in the Sahaja Library on soundcloud can be searched here.

9.2.08

The Sufis of Turkey

"Turkey has one very great blessing. It has had so many sufis. And if you read them, it is a description of Sahaja Yogis. They didn't call them Sahaja Yogis but they were because they are described to be like this or that and when they tell about their own experiences in poetry you are amazed to see they are talking like Sahaja Yogis."
(H.H.Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi, 2001)

There is a Water that flows down from Heaven
To cleanse the world of sin by grace Divine.
At last, its whole stock spent, its virtue gone,
Dark with pollution not its own, it speeds
Back to the Fountain of all purities;
Whence, freshly bathed, earthward it sweeps again,
Trailing a role of glory bright and pure.
This Water is the Spirit of the Saints.
Which ever sheds, until itself is beggared,
God’s balm on the sick soul; and then returns
To Him who made the purest light of Heaven.
(Jalaludin Rumi, 1207-1273)

I am before, I am after –
The soul for all souls all the way.
I’m the one with a helping hand
Ready for those gone wild, astray.
(Yusuf Emre, 1238-1321)

I tie up greed, and release generosity.
I shackle anger, and liberate meekness.
I bind consumerism, and unbind piety.
I tie up ignorance, and unfetter respect for the Absolute.
I restrain passion, and release the love of the Absolute.
I tie up desire, and free fulfilment.
I bind commodification, and liberate awareness.
(Haji Bektash Veli, 1248-1337)

The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you.
Don’t go back to sleep.
You must ask for what you really want.
Don’t go back to sleep.
People are going back and forth across the doorsill where the two worlds touch.
The door is round and open.
Don’t go back to sleep.
(Jalaludin Rumi)

God permeates the whole wide world,
Yet His truth is revealed to none.
You better seek Him in yourself,
You and He aren't apart - you're one.
(Yusuf Emre)

Find in yourself all that you seek.
(Haji Bektash Veli)

This is how it always is
when I finish a poem.
A great silence overcomes me,
and I wonder why I ever thought
to use language.
(Jalaludin Rumi)

No comments: